Knowing when to have your heating system serviced comes with the joys of owning a Massachusetts home. Knowing when to repair roof shingles is a similar skill worth learning.
Your house has no owner’s manual. Knowing when to have work done is learned through experience. Knowing when to contact your roofer for shingle repair, and following through on the task, could save you thousands of dollars and hours of aggravation.
“When” can refer to two different, important moments in your shingle roof’s life:
- When, as in when in the year should shingle repair be performed — Massachusetts has a narrow window of warm, dry weather, the perfect time for shingle repair work performed by your local, reliable roofer
- When, as in when the damage is “bad enough” to make you contact your local roofer — No amount of harm to your home’s interior from a leaking roof caused by damaged shingles is acceptable; your family’s health and your home’s value are in peril when shingle repair is delayed
Roofers prefer hot, dry weather for any kind of roof work. Adhesive strips on shingles stick best when the shingles can soften under sunshine. Roofs are less slippery (though still plenty dangerous) in dry weather. Your roofer prefers scheduling annual inspection and routine shingle repair work in spring and summer.
When you see missing or damaged shingles, or see interior water damage from a roof leak, contact your roofer immediately. Dark spots on ceilings appear long after water infiltrates your Norwood-area home’s attic. The damage is far worse than what you see.
No matter when you contact your nearby residential roofer, your roofing contractor is the one solution to resolving shingle repair problems. Roofing is not do-it-yourself work. To maintain your roof’s warranty, you should rely on a trusted, licensed roofer, not a handyman service.
Your local residential roofing contractor has all this:
- Trained, experienced crews
- Safety equipment, fall arrest gear, and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Proper tools, many of them highly specialized for roof repair and replacement
- Industry connections and factory training by the manufacturers of roofing materials
To keep ahead of shingle repair challenges, schedule annual roof inspections and routine maintenance. Your home in Norwood, Massachusetts is well protected when O’LYN Roofing is your roofer. Contact us today to learn more about our complete range of roofing services from minor repair to full roof replacement.